• January 24 – Story Telling & Flag Making. Storytelling and Making a Flag will be held on Wednesday 24th as part of the January school holiday activities. Places are limited, book early. Location: Naracoorte Public Library. Times: 10am. For more information, Naracoorte Public Library, phone
• January 26 – Australia Day. The Australia Day celebrations are an opportunity for the community to come together, acknowledge the contribution people have made to the community and welcome new citizens to the community. Naracoorte Town Squares ,7am Breakfast, 7.35 entertainment, 7.55 Official ceremonies commence Lucindale Rotunda 11am -1pm. For more information, contact 8769 01100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• February 4 – Make a date to visit Bool Lagoon, south of Naracoorte, on World Wetlands Day on Sunday, February 4. Learn more about the creatures that live there with expert guided walks featuring frogs, macro invertebrates and wetland birds. Free, and suitable for the whole family. Bring a picnic and stay the whole day! Walks start at 10am and run throughout the day until 2pm. Activities include:
• Interactive macroinvertebrate dipping from 10am to 1pm.
• Wetland birds walk and talk at the Teatree Boardwalk at 10.30am, 11.30am and 1.30pm.
• Frog facts on the hour at 10am, 11am, 12 noon and 1pm
Meet at the camping area between Bool Lagoon and Hacks Lagoon (signs out on the day). For more information, phone 08 8735 1177.
• February 4 – Car Boot Sale
Sale from 9am- 2pm. Sausage Sizzle from 10.30am. Try Bowls from 10am. Raffle drawn at 2pm.Free entry. Cost for site: $10 per vehicle, to be set up by 8.30am Location: RSL bowling club car park
For more information, Josie 0487 649 812
• February 8-11, Taste the Limestone Coast Festival, including Thursday, February 8, Taste quiz night in Naracoorte Town Hall; Friday, February 9, ambrose golf day at Naracoorte golf course and open air movie “Trolls” in Naracoorte showgrounds; Saturday, February 10, Naracoorte Traders morning market, then the Taste festival in the Naracoorte Town Squares from 12 noon with music by 15 Days, Southern Undertows and many local entertainers, food, wine, beer and soft drinks; Sunday, February 11, Farmers and Makers Market in the Naracoorte Town Squares and the MiniJumbuk Naracoorte Cup race meeting at Naracoorte racecourse. For full details, go to www.thetastefestival.com.au.
• February 10 – ￼￼Market Day
Naracoorte Historic Vehicle Club Market Day. Local produce, Homemade Goods, Craftwares, Bric-A-Brac, BBQ/Sausage sizzle. Historic Vehicle Display Open. Time: 8am-11.30am
Location: Sheep’s Back Museum Complex, MacDonnell St For more information, contact Daphne 0438 622 143
• February 10 – Extend your Taste experience by joining the exclusive after party at the Highlander Restaurant & Bar at the William MacIntosh Motor Lodge with live music by Amy Jennifer and delicious tasting plates. To pre-book your table call 8762 1644. All entry proceeds going to Naracoorte & District suicide prevention network (R U OK).
• February 17-18 – Lake Charlegrark Country Music Marathon
Featuring Lee Kernaghan, The Wolfe Brothers along with Graeme Hugo, Tim Farren & Band, Sandra Humphries, Chris Matthews, Fine Form and Many More!! Compare Rodney Vincent. Continuous BBQ, Bar facilities (no BYO) Cost: Various
Location: Minamay, Victoria
Times: all day and evening
For more information, John Naylor 0427 687 757 or www.lccmm.com.au
• February 23–25 – Frances Folk Gathering
The FREE Festival you are IN and not just AT. On the last weekend of February each year the tiny village of Frances on the Victorian/South Australian border opens its doors and hearts to folk lovers: musicians, dancers, poets, artists and appreciators.
For musicians, blackboard concerts run all weekend in various venues. There are scheduled sessions, circles, serious and silly competitions.
Times: Various throughout the day and evening For more information, www.francesfolkgathering.com.au.
• February 24 – Lucindale Show
A fun day out for all the family – come along and enjoy the fun! Attractions include Horses in Action, Show Rides, Indoor Exhibits, Show Bags, Children’s Activities, Face Painting, Trade Sites, and full catering
Location: Yakka Park, Lucindale
For more information, Brad Wilkin 8766 2469
• April 6-8 – Coonawarra After Dark.
• May 17-20 – Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival.
• July 1-31 – Coonawarra Cellar Dwellers, including Cabernet Symposium and Dinner in Rymill Hall and Penola Sports Club on July 5; and Cabernet Vineyard Workshop on July 6. Early bird tickets on sale early in 2018. Visit www.coonawarra.org.